I decided it would be a good idea to create for myself an inventory of brain functions. According to Wikipedia, brain tissue ceases to function after being deprived of oxygen for sixty to ninety seconds. Of course, that doesn't mean the tissue is dying, but without oxygen, it will eventually die. Meanwhile, if that tissue would normally help me restore oxygen to itself, I have only 60 - 90 seconds to use that help. So I want to be able to run through some mental tests quickly.
- Find the square of some number over 12. I have most of them up to 20 memorized, so I can also compare the explicit mental multiplication to the memory, if the memory is there.
- Remember my mom's name.
- Read something.
- Stand on one foot.
- Be curious about something.
- Sense something with each of my five senses.
- Fold my fingers together, right thumb on top (normal, for me) and then left thumb on top to make sure it feels weird.
- Sense other things with each of my five senses and compare the previous thing to the new one.
That's it. Now the question is, if I'm having a stroke, how the hell am I going to find this blog post?